Friday, February 29, 2008

Trying out this blogging thing......

So I just signed up for a baking challenge of sorts called Daring Bakers http://daringbakersblogroll.blogspot.com/ and it is recommended that you post your reviews of the recipes and photos, so I thought it might be a good time to start a foodie blog! This is a test post to see if it is working.....

In the meantime, I am back to baking.....I am working on my first ever loaf of sourdough bread, courtesy of a starter sent to me. I am trying out a Farmstead recipe from Beth Henspenberger that uses yeast and the starter since the starter is so new. I also have a pan of cauliflower, garlic and onion roasting in the oven with a little olive oil (and I need to sprinkle it with some sea salt) to make a Roasted Cauliflower Soup. Back to the kitchen!

Jessica

1 comment:

Bakerette said...

Good luck with blogging, I'm a newbie at blogging too and also just joined daring bakers. I also "bake for babies":) Your are adorable!