Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day #1 of My Challenge

Day # 1

Dinner Meal: Scrambled Eggs with cheese (Mommy/Daddy version also had bell peppers, greens and onions), Milton’s Whole grain English muffins or toast, Morningstar sausage patties, yellow cauliflower that B1 picked out at the Farmer’s Market this morning.

Mommy rating: Breakfasts are usually a hit with the kids, so I thought I started out easy. However, I had a moment of inspiration when I was cooking the kids’ eggs and I added some sautéed beet and radish greens to theirs. This was a mistake as B2 picked them all out and I had to feed B1’s to her so she didn’t see the “green stuff”……arrgghhh! So much for trying to be healthy!

Kid review (from eldest child (B1)): “I loved it. I didn’t like the green stuff. I would like to have it again without the green stuff. And my sister didn’t like the green stuff either. She said “Blech stuff” and spit it out!”

Locavore rating: 2/5 ingredients were local: eggs, cheese and veggies in scramble. English Muffins and Sausage patties were not local.

No comments: