Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New focus on life (perhaps)

Okay, meal planning is a bit of a passion (read obsession) of mine. BUT after a horrible day yesterday and the kiddos not eating ANYTHING that I made I was more than a bit frustrated. I have been trying really hard to eat locally, enjoy whole foods instead of food products and processed items and preserve food for the fall/winter when we don't have access to luxuries such as fresh berries. However, making 3-4 meals at each meal time to appease everyone is NOT working for me. So......here is new focus on my meal planning/life in general. One word:
S-I-M-P-L-I-F-Y. It is my newfound goal in life to make a dinner meal that everyone will eat (at least part of). I realize that I might have to sacrifice some of my previous food goals to achieve this nirvana, but I am hoping to make a slow transition to the healthy locavore-themed lifestyle I would like to live while also cooking meals that we will all eat.

So, without further ado.....here is the menu for the next few days:

Today (Wed): Scrambled eggs with Tillamook cheese (adult variety with spinach, green peppers,
onions - all from our CSA produce share)
Morningstar sausage patties (from freezer Costco stash)
Milton's English Muffins (also from freezer Costco stash, although I think these are
the last ones!)
Thursday: I am going out to eat for the night with some girlfriends so the husband and kids will be on their own with whatever is in the fridge/freezer

No comments: