Friday, October 3, 2008

Day 2 Eat Local Challenge

Breakfast:
Coffee (from home roasted beans, bought from www.breworganic.com)
Apple (from local orchard – CSA bin)
Drizzle of local honey purchased at the Farmer’s Market

Lunch:
Leftover tamale from the freezer. Most of this was made with local ingredients (masa, chicken, zuchinni and cheese) some of the binder ingredients were not local – oil, salt, pepper, etc. but that was minimal.

Snacks (I hosted a healthy kids’ snack forum at my house and asked everyone to bring a snack) Most of these were store bought and not local 

Dinner: (On the run) At 7 pm I caved and went to Burger King. Nothing local or organic on the menu. Unfortunately, there were no quick stops that would have been any better. And the day’s schedule and the kids’ bedtime necessitated this stop. Of course, if I had more time to plan this week out I could have had a homemade alternative (PB and Js or something, but I A**ed out!) I’ll get better…..I hope!

No comments: