Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Budget Challenge – Official Day TWO

Our milk, eggs and half-n-half (for coffee) were delivered today…..and I went to the Farmer’s Market......and Lifesource. I am fairly certain that I would have gone over budget today, but I had a $20 voucher for Denison Farms at the Farmer’s Market and most of the other stuff I bought went in the freezer for future use. It would be interesting to figure out how much is actually spent per week in our household, but I am such a stock-piler that it would be nearly impossible for me to figure out….and quite frankly that’s not what I want to expend my energy on!

Here’s what we ended up eating today:
Breakfast: Leftover waffles (husband) and cereal (me and kids)
Lunch: Kids – peace noodle mac n cheese/ Me – leftover salmon quiche from freezer
Dinner: Kids – black bean and cheese burritos/ Us – homemade tamales from freezer (reference in earlier post) with homemade guacamole, salsa and homemade baked corn tortilla chips – served with black beans from the freezer

I started making big batches of beans a while ago and freezing zip lock bags with amounts of them – black beans, white beans, pinto, garbanzo – they are great to take out of the freezer and use just like you would canned beans…..but cheaper and without the waste of a can!

No comments: