Monday, August 11, 2008

Challenge done!

Okay, I didn't get around to posting the last couple days of the challenge. I also didn't have time to itemize each meal we had as much as I would have liked to, to be true to the challenge. However, I did come to the realization that.....(1) it is nice to not HAVE to budget so tightly each week (2) it would be difficult to stock up, and thus save money doing it this way (3) we don't eat too extravagantly anyways - with the exceptions of cheese and alcohol, mostly. Not that we are huge drunks or cheeseheads, but these 2 items would put us over the limit quickly!

My next blog mission.....to post weekly menus (after the week is over) so I have a record of what we eat. I often make things and would make them again, but I try so many new things that I can't remember them all (or where they came from) or if we liked them.

And then........coming soon......the eatlocalchallenge. I believe this will be in the month of October and I am looking SO forward to it. Lots of time to stockpile local foods in the freezer and pantry before then.

No comments: